Schaumburg, IL (Feb. 19, 2016) – Imagine a diesel fuel truck overturning on an icy and treacherous road or a freight train hauling a chemical tanker suddenly jumping the track. These accidents can lead to hazardous chemical leaks and serious contamination of land and groundwater. Every passing minute counts, as the contaminants can continue to spill into the environment.
Fortunately, Zurich qualified customers in industries that deal with hazardous materials, such as transportation and manufacturing, now have available to them a technological solution to speed up their response to environmental spills.
Zurich, a leading property and casualty insurance provider globally, has launched the new Zurich Environmental Emergency Response (ZEER™) mobile app. ZEER, originally developed for Zurich’s environmental underwriting and claims professionals, in collaboration with Spill Center, Inc.,* an environmental emergency response company, can assist Zurich qualified customers in dealing with any spill that requires emergency environmental cleanup. The new ZEER mobile app can help reduce the time it takes to begin cleanup.
The world is experiencing a huge increase in innovation of various kinds, changing the way we live and work. Zurich is focused on the way these changes are impacting government, businesses, and society as a whole. Zurich is incorporating new technology into its own efforts to increase efficiency and profitability and, in turn, improve the quality of products and services we provide to our customers.
“An accidental spill that results in an environmental hazard is, for most businesses, an extraordinary occurrence. Yet, every business should be prepared for such an event and the ZEER mobile app can help customers mitigate damages and reduce potential liability associated with spills,” said Steve Hatch, Chief Claims Officer for Zurich North America. “The ZEER mobile app will help bring Zurich’s knowledge and insight to customers, at their fingertips.”
ZEER Mobile – Faster, Easier Reporting
Zurich has developed a mobile app for Android, Blackberry and Apple devices. The ZEER mobile app can give customers the ability to report spills from a mobile device immediately at the scene of an incident. In addition, the app can:
- Give customers access to a 365/24/7 call center for environmental spill consultation,
- Generate spill reports on behalf of customers, to help meet regulatory requirements to reduce liability exposures and possible penalties,
- Provide customers with customized, internal alerts for a customer’s crisis management communications,
- Give customers immediate access to environmental emergency response coordinators with an average of 30 years of experience in handling environmental spills and emergencies.
Other key functionalities of the easy-to-use ZEER mobile app include:
- The ability to access Zurich’s Emergency Response Coordinator within seconds,
- The ability to geo-locate the spill requiring emergency environmental cleanup via customer’s mobile device,
- Immediate upload of critical data for a spill report, such as insurance policy information and spill location,
- A photo feature and report history.
The ZEER mobile app is available for use in both English and French for customers throughout North America.
To learn more about ZEER, visit zurichna.com/zeer.
Zurich Insurance Group (Zurich) is a leading multi-line insurer that serves its customers in global and local markets. With more than 55,000 employees, it provides a wide range of general insurance and life insurance products and services. Zurich’s customers include individuals, small businesses, and mid-sized and large companies, including multinational corporations, in more than 170 countries. The Group is headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, where it was founded in 1872. The holding company, Zurich Insurance Group Ltd (ZURN), is listed on the SIX Swiss Exchange and has a level I American Depositary Receipt (ZURVY) program, which is traded over-the-counter on OTCQX. Further information about Zurich is available at www.zurich.com.
In North America, Zurich is a leading commercial property-casualty insurance provider serving the global corporate, large corporate, middle market, specialties and programs sectors through the individual member companies of Zurich in North America, including Zurich American Insurance Company and Zurich Insurance Company Ltd (Canadian Branch). Life insurance and disability coverage issued in the United States in all states except New York is issued by Zurich American Life Insurance Company, an Illinois domestic life insurance company. In New York, life insurance and disability coverage is issued by Zurich American Life Insurance Company of New York, a New York domestic life insurance company. For more information about the products and services it offers and people Zurich employs around the world go to www.zurichna.com. 2012 marked Zurich’s 100-year anniversary of insuring America and the success of its customers, shareholders and employees.
In Canada, Zurich is focused on developing solutions for medium and large corporations, Canadian-based multinationals, and customers in the technology, transportation, public sector, real estate, construction, manufacturing and management industries. For more information about the products and services it offers and people Zurich employs around the world, go to www.zurichcanada.com.
The Zurich logo and Zurich are trademarks of Zurich Insurance Company Ltd.
Nothing herein should be construed as a solicitation, offer, advice, recommendation, or any other service with regard to any type of insurance product underwritten by Zurich.
* Spill Center, Inc. is not a subsidiary or affiliate of Zurich and use of Spill Center, Inc. products and services are independent of any other Zurich products or services. Zurich expressly disclaims any and all damages and other costs that may arise related to the use of or reliance upon the products, services, representations or warranties made by or on behalf of Spill Center, Inc.