Guidewire Gateway Portal for Agents™ enables better insurer and agent/broker interactions – providing self-service functionality and greater collaboration capabilities
Las Vegas, NV (June 9, 2015) – At the IASA 2015 Conference, Guidewire Software®, a provider of software products to Property/Casualty insurers, announced the addition of Guidewire Gateway Portal for Agents™ to its Mobile and Portals product line.
Insurer interaction with customers, brokers, agents, and vendors where and when it’s most convenient – online, on their mobile devices, or through the call center, is today’s operational necessity. Consumers expect a seamless experience across channels to support digital sales, service, and claims capabilities for stakeholders outside the corporate intranet. Agents and brokers are no different.
Guidewire’s Gateway Portal for Agents extends the capabilities of Guidewire InsuranceSuite™, empowering insurance agents and brokers to access policyholder portfolio information and transactional data in a browser or on a mobile device. Designed specifically for agents and brokers, it provides policy lifecycle transactional capabilities as well as support for task and book-of-business management in an easy-to-use portal. Unlike solutions that require core system duplication such as complex screen flow and logic, product definitions, and integration, Guidewire Gateway Portal for Agents reuses these elements from InsuranceSuite, thus achieving faster speed to market and lower total cost of ownership for the insurer and enabling a seamless omnichannel experience for the agent and broker.
Key insurer benefits of Gateway Portal for Agents include:
- Agent Empowerment – Satisfies the informational and transactional needs of insurance agents and brokers with intuitive, self-service design;
- Growth – Helps to attract agent business by enabling insurers to be easier to do business with;
- Lower Total Cost of Ownership – Reuses complex rules, flows, and integrations defined in InsuranceSuite avoiding costly duplication, easing maintenance, and improving speed to market.
“We are excited to offer this portal designed expressly with the needs of agents and brokers in mind,” said Brian Vannoni, vice president, Product Marketing, Guidewire Software. “We recognize that their role in the business of insurance is an important one and we want to empower them through technology to ensure that they are equipped to serve their customers and deliver on the brand promise of the insurance companies with whom they work.”
Guidewire’s Digital portfolio has continuously built momentum since its launch, with 18 customers in six countries licensing one or more of the Guidewire Mobile and Portals™ products, and four of those live in production. In addition to Gateway Portal for Agents, Guidewire’s Mobile and Portals product line also includes:
- Quote and Buy Portal – Reach new customers with easy access to obtain a quote, review quotes, compare quotes, and buy a policy.
- Account Management Portal – Improve customer satisfaction and align more closely with policyholder goals through online policy review and modifications, policy document download, billing status viewing, and online payment.
- Claim Portal – Expedite claims with easy claim reporting, coverage verification, and claim status transparency. Communicate with vendors during repairs avoiding delays and ensuring proper work authorizations.
About Guidewire Mobile and Portals
Guidewire Mobile and Portals™ is a portfolio of transaction portals that allow insurers to expose Guidewire InsuranceSuite™ functionality online and to mobile devices. Insurers can extend the value of their Guidewire core system investment to drive new business, increase operational efficiency, and improve customer service through digital channels. Each individual product has been developed to meet a targeted need (e.g. Quote and Buy). The underlying architecture of the products has been designed to enable the following: efficient implementation; quick response to market needs; and future ready technology.
About Guidewire Software
Guidewire builds software products that help Property/Casualty insurers replace their legacy core systems and transform their business. Designed to be flexible and scalable, Guidewire products enable insurers to deliver excellent service, increase market share and lower operating costs. Guidewire InsuranceSuite™ provides the core systems used by insurers as operational systems of record. Additional products provide support for data management, business intelligence, anytime/anywhere access and guidance and monitoring. More than 180 Property/Casualty insurers around the world have selected Guidewire. For more information, please visit www.guidewire.com.
Source: Guidewire Software