Guidewire Mobile and Portals™ enables insurers to enhance their digital business offerings with rich self-service transactional capability for policyholders and vendors
San Francisco, Calif. (Nov. 7, 2014) – At the Guidewire Connections 2014 User Conference, Guidewire Software®, a provider of software products to Property/Casualty insurers, announced that its Mobile and Portals solution portfolio is experiencing strong momentum with eight customers in five countries implementing one or more of the Guidewire Mobile and Portals™ products. Elephant Insurance and Mercury Insurance are both in production.
Insurers increasingly need to interact with their customers, brokers, agents, and vendors where and when it is most convenient – online, on their mobile devices, through email/SMS, or through the call center. They must design a seamless experience across channels to support digital sales, service, and claims capabilities for stakeholders outside the corporate intranet.
Guidewire Mobile and Portals has been designed to empower insurers to leverage their Guidewire investments to reach a broader audience through self-service portals by extending the data capture, business, and product rules and orchestrations already defined in an insurer’s Guidewire core system. This avoids replicating these rules in a portal which improves the speed with which insurers can bring their portal services to market and lowers the overall cost of portal maintenance. With Mobile and Portals from Guidewire, insurers can:
- Create a customer experience consistent with the insurer’s brand while ensuring efficient once and done re-use of business rules and product model already defined within the core system;
- Increase new business by offering consumers straight-through quote and buy functionality on their device of choice;
- Satisfy customer demand for self-service and improve retention while optimizing call center volume; and
- Streamline and improve the claims experience by empowering claims self-service, improving vendor coordination, and reducing claim cycle time.
Guidewire Mobile and Portals currently includes the following portals:
- Quote and Buy Portal – Reach new customers with easy access to obtain a quote, review and compare quote variations and buy a policy, on any device.
- Account Management Portal – Improve customer satisfaction and retention by providing self-serve options to review policy information, update contact details, download and print policy documents and insurance certificates, view billing and payment history, provide recurring payment details or make a single payment.
- Claim Portal – Expedite claims with easy claim reporting, coverage verification, and claim status transparency for policyholders, agents, brokers and other participants in the claims value chain. Collaborate more easily with vendors avoiding delays and ensuring proper work authorizations.
“We continue to be impressed by our customers’ commitment to digital business transformation, and appreciate the partnership of early customers as we refine and expand Guidewire Mobile and Portals products,” said Brian Vannoni, Guidewire Software vice president, Product Marketing.
About Guidewire Mobile and Portals
Guidewire Mobile and Portals™ is a portfolio of transaction portals that allow insurers to expose Guidewire InsuranceSuite™ functionality online and to mobile devices. Insurers can extend the value of their Guidewire core system investment to drive new business, increase operational efficiency, and improve customer service through digital channels. Each individual product has been developed to meet a targeted need (e.g. Quote and Buy). The underlying architecture of the products has been designed to enable the following: efficient implementation; quick response to market needs; and future ready technology.
About Guidewire Software
Guidewire (NYSE: GWRE) builds software products that help Property/Casualty insurers replace their legacy core systems and transform their business. Designed to be flexible and scalable, Guidewire products enable insurers to deliver excellent service, increase market share and lower operating costs. Guidewire InsuranceSuite™ provides the core systems used by insurers as operational systems of record. Additional products provide support for data management, business intelligence, anytime/anywhere access and guidance and monitoring. More than 180 Property/Casualty insurers around the world have selected Guidewire. For more information, please visit www.guidewire.com.