Toronto, ON (Aug. 13, 2014) – The Insurance Brokers Association of Ontario (IBAO) is revealing the list of finalists of the prestigious ‘Awards of Excellence’ to be presented at the association’s 94th Annual Convention in Ottawa this October. The Awards recognize insurance brokers and brokerages throughout Ontario for outstanding professional and community contributions.
“We are very excited to recognize these outstanding brokers, brokerages and affiliates for not only the great service they offer their clients but for the profound impact they make in their communities,” said IBAO CEO Randy Carroll. “These brokers are an example of the great work being done in our industry across the province.”
The successful finalists were evaluated by an independent panel of judges who recognize the needs of Ontario consumers and understand best-in-class business practices. The judging panel included a politician, a regulator, a member of the Insurance Brokers Association of Canada (IBAC), a consumer, an insurer representative and an IBAO supporting vendor.
“In addition to our regular three awards, we are excited to introduce a new honour called the Innovation Award,” added Carroll. “This award is designed to reward the brokerage, broker or group of brokers who elevate the industry. This broker or brokerage propels themselves and those around them ever higher, constantly pursuing success and challenging the status quo.”
The finalists for the 2014 IBAO Awards of Excellence are:
- Greg Raymond from Insurance Hero, Toronto, ON
- Dario Battista from isure.ca, Vaughan, ON
- Wendy and Peter DaSilva from Cornerstone Insurance, Woodbridge, ON
Brokerage of the Year:
- Morison Insurance, Hamilton, ON
- Rhodes & Williams Insurance Brokers, Ottawa, ON
- Reith & Associates, St. Thomas, ON
Young Broker of the Year
- Myles Kuharski from Gillons Insurance Brokers, Antikokan, ON
- Dwayne Gagne from Ontario West Insurance Brokers, London, ON (formerly from G. Taylor and Associates, Straffordville, ON)
- Shane McCarthy from Cornerstone Insurance Brokers, Woodbridge, ON
Affiliate of the Year
- Ottawa Insurance Brokers Association, Ottawa, ON
- London Insurance Brokers Association, London, ON
- Insurance Brokers Association of Durham, Durham, ON
The Insurance Brokers Association of Ontario is a ‘not for profit’ association that represents and serves the interests of over 12,000 independent Property & Casualty Insurance Brokers in the Province of Ontario. For information about IBAO, visit www.ibao.org to receive timely news and information updates.
Source: Insurance Brokers Association of Ontario