Upgrades include introduction of catastrophe model blending and further enhancements to direct catastrophe import functionality and financial capabilities
New York, NY (Nov. 4, 2013) – Guy Carpenter & Company, LLC, the leading global risk and
reinsurance specialist, have announced the release of MetaRisk® 7.2, the latest version of the firm’s
premier risk and capital management decision-making tool.
With its enhanced features in the areas of catastrophe model blending and vastly improved financial
capabilities, MetaRisk 7.2 delivers a fully integrated platform that allows insurance companies to
better understand the drivers of risk, assess their options, and deploy their capital accordingly. The
new features improve usability and increase overall functionality.
MetaRisk provides users with the ability to make informed, proactive decisions that expand the value
of their business. The platform is integrated to deliver comprehensive underwriting, reserve,
catastrophe, credit and investment risk capabilities in a single economic capital planning solution.
As the industry’s most dynamic and transparent risk and capital decision tool, MetaRisk allows a
company to communicate its risk processes and decision rationale to all constituents – from
management to shareholders, regulators and rating agencies. It also enables users to meet the
rigorous demands of Enterprise Risk Management and impending Solvency II requirements. With the
release of version 7.2, the platform has evolved to offer deeper access to a variety of databases and
risk intelligence that enables users to quickly evaluate and mitigate the risks most salient to their
business. These latest improvements provide faster and more efficient modeling capabilities with
even greater accuracy and transparency of results.
“Capital allocation decisions are among the most important assessments made by company
management and this latest version of MetaRisk represents the most innovative, transparent and
effective economic planning tool for our clients,” said Donald Mango, Vice Chairman of Enterprise
Analytics for Guy Carpenter. “By adding these new features to MetaRisk, Guy Carpenter is
demonstrating its commitment to providing our clients with state-of-the-art, technology-enabled
MetaRisk 7.2 now features a number of new catastrophe modeling and financial capabilities and
- Direct links to EQECAT Catastrophe Models – MetaRisk 7.2 now supports direct imports from EQECAT’s RQE model databases.
- Bulk Import for Event Sets – MetaRisk 7.2 now adds support for loading event loss data from several files in one operation. It can import catastrophe loss data from multiple regions, perils, and/or business units at once while preserving appropriate correlation among losses.
- Catastrophe Model Blending – MetaRisk 7.2 now offers intuitive components that will help the user with a variety of blending options; incorporating both stochastic and scenario-based modeling components.
- Reserve Scenarios and Reserve Loss Cause – MetaRisk 7.2 now features a Bornhuetter- Ferguson (B-F) method for reserve scenarios. In addition, a Selected Accident Years property has been added to the Reserve Loss Cause.
- BCAR – The calculations of Premium and Reserve risk charges have been enhanced and are now at the line of business level and include the benefit of diversification. A Business Risk charge is also included now.
- Asset Reinvestment Strategies – Two options have been added for reinvesting assets at the end of each projection year, capturing more realistic scenarios for the needs of companies. Additional enhancements have been made throughout the upgraded platform, including improvements for reinsurance contracts, ceded premium allocation, reinsurer credit risk and reporting as well as upgrades to MetaRisk Reports™.
Guy Carpenter will also be releasing MetaRisk® Reserve™ 3.0 in the coming weeks. The US Patent
and Trademark Office awarded a patent in June to MetaRisk Reserve, our unique predictive model
for the analysis of reserve risk.
About Guy Carpenter
Guy Carpenter & Company, LLC is a global leader in providing risk and reinsurance intermediary services.
With over 50 offices worldwide, Guy Carpenter creates and executes reinsurance solutions and delivers capital
market solutions* for clients across the globe. The firm’s full breadth of services includes line-of-business
expertise in agriculture; aviation; casualty clash; construction and engineering; excess and umbrella; excess
and surplus lines; life, accident and health; marine and energy; medical professional liability; mutual insurance
companies; political risk and trade credit; professional liability; property; retrocessional reinsurance; surety;
terrorism and workers compensation. GC Fac® is Guy Carpenter’s dedicated global facultative reinsurance
unit that provides placement strategies, timely market access and centralized management of facultative
reinsurance solutions. In addition, GC Analytics®** utilizes industry-leading quantitative skills and modeling
tools that optimize the reinsurance decision-making process and help make the firm’s clients more successful.
For more information, visit www.guycarp.com.
Guy Carpenter is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marsh & McLennan Companies (NYSE: MMC), a global
professional services firm offering clients advice and solutions in the areas of risk, strategy and human capital.
With 54,000 employees worldwide and annual revenue of $12 billion, Marsh & McLennan Companies is also
the parent company of Marsh, a global leader in insurance broking and risk management; Mercer, a global
leader in talent, health, retirement, and investment consulting; and Oliver Wyman, a global leader in
management consulting. Follow Guy Carpenter on Twitter @GuyCarpenter.
*Securities or investments, as applicable, are offered in the United States through GC Securities, a division of MMC Securities Corp., a US
registered broker-dealer and member FINRA/NFA/SIPC. Main Office: 1166 Avenue of the Americas, New York, NY 10036. Phone: (212)
345-5000. Securities or investments, as applicable, are offered in the European Union by GC Securities, a division of MMC Securities
(Europe) Ltd. (MMCSEL), which is authorized and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, main office 25 The North Colonnade,
Canary Wharf, London E14 5HS. Reinsurance products are placed through qualified affiliates of Guy Carpenter & Company, LLC. MMC
Securities Corp., MMC Securities (Europe) Ltd. and Guy Carpenter & Company, LLC are affiliates owned by Marsh & McLennan
Companies. This communication is not intended as an offer to sell or a solicitation of any offer to buy any security, financial instrument,
reinsurance or insurance product. **GC Analytics is a registered mark with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
SOURCE: Guy Carpenter