Toronto, ON (Sept. 11, 2013) – Industry Canada reported that between 2007 and 2011 the Information and Technology Communications sector grew faster than the Canadian economy overall.(1)
In response to this growing demand, Zurich has developed a new suite of insurance solutions geared specifically to the needs of mid-size technology companies.
“Zurich’s deep understanding of the technology market, including being able to identify trends that affect risk vulnerabilities, has allowed us to put together a solution tailored specifically to the risks in this sector,” explains Gregg Fergot National Practice Leader, Zurich North America, Middle Markets Commercial.
The new Zurich suite includes over 20 technology risk coverages based on the industry’s risk profile. Dedicated multi-line technology underwriters manage both Errors & Omissions and Property & Casualty as well as foreign coverage to ensure a holistic and comprehensive global insurance program.
The technology space often looks to grow across borders. Zurich’s well known expertise in managing complex global licensing laws and tax regulations is available to address those needs as companies expand internationally.
The Zurich Technology suite of solutions includes:
- General Liability coverage including coverage for insured’s own Internet and Multimedia services and automatic additional insured for multiple relationships.
- Errors and Omissions and media liability policy endorsements designed for technology companies, including first and third party coverages for privacy and security
- Property coverage endorsements that incorporate original information property, research and development property and electronic vandalism coverage, holistic data protection for almost any type of data, anywhere, including the costs to research and reconstruct
- Global capabilities for ensuring compliant coverage for technology companies with international operations as well as cross-border U.S. coverage, including workers compensation and auto
For more information on insurance for Technology companies visit www.zurichcanada.com/technology.
1. Industry Canada, Canadian Information and Communications Technologies (ICT) Sector Profile, March 2013.
Zurich Insurance Group (Zurich) is a leading multi-line insurance provider with a global network of subsidiaries and offices in Europe, North America, Latin America, Asia-Pacific and the Middle East as well as other markets. It offers a wide range of general insurance and life insurance products and services for individuals, small businesses, mid-sized and large companies as well as multinational corporations. Zurich employs about 60,000 people serving customers in more than 180 countries. The Group, formerly known as Zurich Financial Services Group, is headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, where it was founded in 1872. The holding company, Zurich Insurance Group Ltd (ZURN), is listed on the SIX Swiss Exchange and has a level I American Depositary Receipt program which is traded over-the-counter on OTCQX. Further information about Zurich is available at www.zurich.com.
In Canada, Zurich is focused on developing solutions for medium and large Canadian corporations; Canadian-based multinationals; customers in the technology transportation, public sector, real estate, construction, manufacturing and management industries. For more information about the products and services it offers and people Zurich employs around the world visit www.zurichcanada.com.
SOURCE: Zurich Canada