How to Approach E-Signature Adoption Among Independent Insurance Agents
(Jul. 2, 2013) Insurance carriers can play a key role in making e-signature adoption a reality among independent agents, but doing so requires a clear strategy. To help guide your strategy, this whitepaper outlines the top three e-signature adoption trends in the independent agent channel and presents recommendations for:
- Accepting e-signature solutions chosen by agents/agencies;
- Making e-signatures and e-policy delivery available to agents through your portal;
- Using multi-carrier platforms with integrated e-signatures.
This paper draws on the ACORD e-signature guidelines, industry best practices, and Silanis’ experience at all levels of the insurance eco-system, to get you thinking about questions like:
- Who should take the lead with regards to e-signatures – the carrier or the agent?
- As a carrier, why do I need to develop a clear strategy for all three of these approaches? What is at risk if I don’t?
- Do I have an e-signature policy for my independent agents?
- What e-signature solutions are being used throughout my organization, for other lines of business and channels? Is there a corporate standard?
- What e-signature capabilities have my e-app, policy admin and other service providers integrated with? Is their solution reliable and does it meet my risk criteria?
- And more.
Download the whitepaper (7-page PDF).
Silanis is the world’s leading electronic signature provider. Since the company was founded in 1992, our software has automated business transactions that require secure, compliant and enforceable e-signatures. Recognized as the enterprise market leader, we are responsible for processing more than 600 million e-signed transactions annually – more than any other e-signature vendor. These transactions represent billions of dollars worth of regulated business processes taking place 24/7 around the globe, from insurance applications and consumer loans to federal procurement contracts. Visit www.silanis.com for more information.
Source: SilanisTags: e-signatures, Silanis