Thornhill, ON (Dec. 10, 2012) – This is one of the busiest travel times of the year. Whether you are visiting family and friends over the holidays or heading to a beach or ski resort, expect bustling airports and long lineups.
CAA South Central Ontario (CAA SCO) recommends the following travel tips:
- Double check the expiration date on your passport
- Review your airline’s policy for check in and carry-on luggage
- Make sure you handle your own luggage
- Ensure you have purchased travel insurance
- Check in online and print your boarding passes at home prior to leaving for the airport
- Arrive early as airports are expected to be busier than normal
- Be prepared for long lines and delays
“If you are travelling with gifts, remember to pack the presents unwrapped and wrap them when you arrive at your destination. Another option is to ship the gifts ahead of time,” said Silvana Aceto, Media and PR Specialist, CAA SCO.
- Make a checklist
- Choose the right luggage. For all your travel merchandise, visit your nearest CAA Travel Store
- Roll your clothes instead of folding to save space
- Stuff your socks in your shoes
- Use small bottles for your toiletries
- Weigh your bags with a hand held luggage scale
- Wear your heaviest clothes on the plane
- For carry-on items, make sure all liquid bottles are a maximum of 100 ml and fit into a 1L clear plastic bag
About CAA SCO
CAA South Central Ontario is a not-for-profit auto club offering insurance, travel, automotive care and roadside services. There are more than 1.8 million CAA members in South Central Ontario and 5 million members in Canada. We’re more than Roadside Assistance. We’re Life-side Assistance. Visit www.caasco.com.