New TV commercial from Sun Life highlights freedom with guaranteed retirement cheque for life
TORONTO, Sept. 26, 2011 – Sun Life Financial launches its fall ad campaign today with a national TV commercial highlighting how Money for Life™ retirement solutions can bring financial security to Canadians.
“A number of surveys over the past few years emphasize that Canadians are concerned about planning for their retirement years,” says Kevin Dougherty, President, Sun Life Financial Canada. “With Money for Life, they’ll have a guaranteed source of income to help them meet their financial needs after they retire.”
Results from Sun Life’s 2011 Canadian Unretirement Index™ show that more than two-thirds (68 per cent) of Canadians want some retirement income guaranteed. As well, the number of Canadians slated to reach age 65 is projected to increase by 5.6 million between 2005 and 20361, and increasingly, they’re living long past the traditional retirement age.
Statistics Canada reports that in 2005 – 20072:
- the average man who has reached age 65 could expect to live an additional 18.1 years
- a 65-year-old woman could expect to live an additional 21.3 years.
This new demographic paints a retirement picture much different from a few decades ago, when a person retiring at age 65 may have planned for a much shorter retirement. Today, Canadians who are nearing retirement or have already retired need to make sure their savings last for 20 years or more. Money for Life answers these concerns with the promise of a cheque every month for life, no matter how financial markets perform.
Airing on major TV networks across the country, the English and French language commercials show that talking to an advisor and planning for guaranteed income can help Canadians achieve the financial security to enjoy their retirement years.
Want to know more about financial plans and saving for retirement? Check these quick video tips:
- Why should I have a plan?
- What do I need to know about my retirement savings and income?
- How can an advisor help me with my finances?
In addition to watching advisor tips and the new TV commercials, Canadians will see billboards in many cities. Sun Life also offers online tools:
- BrighterLife.ca: a brand new website containing interactive articles, calculators, YouTube videos, a Facebook connection, Twitter tweets, Today’s Economy blog, and more to help you plan for and enjoy your retirement.
- My retirement caf�: a no-obligation-to-buy website that provides educational information and tools to help Canadians understand costs during retirement, risks to retirement income, etc.
- Advisor Match: helps Canadians choose an advisor to help them with their unique financial needs.
- sunlife.ca: easy-to-understand information about payout annuities and retirement strategies.
About Sun Life Financial
Sun Life Financial is a leading international financial services organization providing a diverse range of protection and wealth accumulation products and services to individuals and corporate customers. Chartered in 1865, Sun Life Financial and its partners today have operations in key markets worldwide, including Canada, the United States, the United Kingdom, Ireland, Hong Kong, the Philippines, Japan, Indonesia, India, China and Bermuda. As of June 30, 2011, the Sun Life Financial group of companies had total assets under management of $474 billion. For more information please visit www.sunlife.com.
Sun Life Financial Inc. trades on the Toronto (TSX), New York (NYSE) and Philippine (PSE) stock exchanges under the ticker symbol SLF.