Sun Life takes top awards at major North American industry awards competitions
TORONTO, Aug. 25, 2011 – From industry blogs and websites to brochures, campaigns and stories, Sun Life Financial shone at two major awards competitions: the 2011 Insurance & Financial Communicators Association (I.F.C.A.) Annual Awards Competition and the 2011 Insurance Marketing and Communications Association (IMCA) Showcase Awards.
In total, Sun Life received 25 creative marketing and communications awards for initiatives in both Canada and the United States, indicating top performance in each corresponding category.
“We’re honoured to receive recognition on behalf of our clients and distributors in this year’s annual I.F.C.A. and IMCA awards competitions,” said Mary De Paoli, Senior Vice-President and Chief Marketing Officer, Sun Life Financial. “Clear, creative and memorable communications are at the heart of any successful project, and it’s what helps us provide clients and their advisors with the information they need to make the right financial decisions.”
Sun Life’s six Best in Show awards showcase our dedication to our clients and advisors:
- Disability Management Story launch (2 Best in Show awards: one from I.F.C.A. and one from IMCA): Attractive educational and marketing material to communicate the benefits of Sun Life’s Group Benefits disability products.
- “Did You Know?” video: Highlights the benefits of working with Sun Life Financial Group Retirement Services (I.F.C.A. award).
- “Value for Private Payors and Plan Sponsors” article: A two-part series comparing Canada’s private healthcare environment to the U.S., and whether Canada could implement U.S. health care strategies (I.F.C.A. award).
- “Get to know Sun Life, our commitment to making lives brighter”: A brochure uniting colourful photos with quick stories to show how Sun Life makes a difference in the communities where we work and live (IMCA award).
- my Coverage Welcome Guide: A new plan member welcome kit that delivers a customized, all-in-one Group Benefits member experience (IMCA award).
Sun Life also received a total of eight Awards of Excellence and 11 Honourable Mentions at this year’s I.F.C.A. and IMCA awards competitions.
“It is extremely gratifying to see our marketing, philanthropy and corporate social responsibility pieces recognized by our peers, and we are pleased to be honoured alongside many other significant organizations,” said Priscilla Brown, Senior Vice-President and Head of U.S. Marketing and Strategy.
The I.F.C.A. Annual Awards Competition seeks to acknowledge the best in communications and marketing within the financial services industry. Awards are handed out in 62 categories, based on creativity, writing, design and effectiveness. The IMCA Showcase Awards also recognize exceptional marketing and communications initiatives in the insurance industry. Awards are given in 35 categories, based on effectiveness, functionality, content and design.
About Sun Life Financial
Sun Life Financial is a leading international financial services organization providing a diverse range of protection and wealth accumulation products and services to individuals and corporate customers. Chartered in 1865, Sun Life Financial and its partners today have operations in key markets worldwide, including Canada, the United States, the United Kingdom, Ireland, Hong Kong, the Philippines, Japan, Indonesia, India, China and Bermuda. As of June 30, 2011, the Sun Life Financial group of companies had total assets under management of $474 billion. For more information please visit www.sunlife.com.
Sun Life Financial Inc. trades on the Toronto (TSX), New York (NYSE) and Philippine (PSE) stock exchanges under the ticker symbol SLF.