Toronto, October 19, 2010 – Desjardins Financial Security (DFS) hit it big again this year at the annual Insurance and Financial Communicators Association (IFCA) awards gala, which recognizes excellence in advertising, public relations, corporate communications and sales promotion in the field of insurance and financial services. For the seventh consecutive year, the life and health insurance arm of Desjardins Group was once again acknowledged for its accomplishments in communications, marketing and advertising. Adding to the 12 awards they received in 2009, DFS won a record 16 awards: two Best of Show awards, seven Awards of Excellence and seven Honourable Mentions.
“These awards reflect the great talent of our employees in the business and corporate sectors,” said Richard Fortier, Chief Operating Officer, Desjardins Financial Security. “Not only will they help bring focus to the quality of our products and services, they will also enhance our brand recognition across the country.”
The winning projects
Best of Show:
- The Stay Well brochure (http://www.desjardinslifeinsurance.com/en/life-events/thinking-health/pages/national-health-surveys.aspx), inspired by our 2009 national health survey, earned a Best of Show award in the “Internally Developed Communications � Print” category.
- The corporate advertising campaign at the airports in Vancouver, Calgary, Toronto, Montr�al and St. John’s earned a Best of Show award in the “Large Format Media” category.
Awards of Excellence
- The Investment Newsflash electronic newsletter for representatives: “Field Communications” category.
- The corporate brochure introducing the Desjardins Financial Security Independent Network (DFSIN): “Sales Promotion � End Customer” category.
- The new DFSIN/SFL recruiting materials for seasoned representatives: “Recruiting Materials” category.
- The Kids Can Cope: Parenting Resilient Children, Managing to Manage Across Generations at Work, and Bouncing Back: How Workplace Resiliency Can Work For You brochures (http://www.desjardinslifeinsurance.com/en/life-events/thinking-health/pages/workplace-wellness.aspx), produced in partnership with the Psychology Foundation of Canada: “Sponsorship Programs” category.
- The Discover the least stressful card in your wallet stress card, produced for Mental Health Week: “Promotional Items” category.
- The Best Seat in the House folder to hold complimentary tickets to prestigious events for clients and partners: “Design – Internally Developed” category.
- The Blitz 2009: Direct flight to our $20.5M goal campaign, to motivate employees to achieve sales objectives: “Employee Communications” category.
- The Foresight group retirement savings information kit: “Print Materials” category.
- The On Target Retirement education program for group retirement savings plan members: “Print Materials” category.
- The This Team Means Business insert: “Magazine Inserts” category.
- La grande s�duction campaign (French only) designed to promote partnerships between financial representatives and caisses: “Sales Promotion – Field” category.
- Les aventures d’Indiana Jeff campaign (French only) designed to promote financial security advisors’ service offer in the caisses: “Sales Promotion – Field” category.
- The SOLO advertising campaign for financial security advisors/financial services representatives: “Combined Ad Campaign” category.
- The social media campaign for Mental Health Week 2010, including the mood detector (www.mooddetector.ca): “Social Media Site Presence” category.
About the IFCA
IFCA is an international organization dedicated to the ongoing professional development of its members in life insurance and related financial services communications. The association’s annual award competition includes twelve categories related mainly to advertising, public relations, corporate communications and sales promotion in the field of insurance and financial services.
About Desjardins Financial Security
Desjardins Financial Security, a subsidiary of Desjardins Group, the largest cooperative financial group in Canada, specializes in providing life insurance, health insurance and retirement savings products to individuals and groups. Every day, over five million Canadians rely on Desjardins Financial Security to ensure their financial security. Desjardins Financial Security employs over 3,800 people and administers $23.7 billion in assets from offices in several cities across the country, including Vancouver, Calgary, Winnipeg, Toronto, Ottawa, Montr�al, Qu�bec, L�vis, Halifax and St. John’s. For more information, visit the website at www.desjardinsfinancialsecurity.com.