Leading Location Intelligence Solution Connects to the Cloud to Simplify Map Creation and Sharing, Enabling Successful Operational Decisions and Customer Engagements
August 24, 2010 – Toronto – Pitney Bowes Business Insight (PBBI) announces Pitney Bowes MapInfo Professional® v10.5, the latest version of the company’s flagship application for business and mapping analysis. MapInfo Professional enables organizations to capitalize on location-based data, gaining deeper insights into their customers, resources and overall operations to make better informed decisions.
MapInfo Professional v10.5 provides organizations with new and powerful methods for sharing maps across the enterprise. With MapInfo Professional v10.5, organizations can more fully interact with the cloud, including capabilities to publish maps to and access data from the cloud. Users can publish maps to the cloud using MapInfo Professional v10.5 in conjunction with MapInfo Stratus, the company’s first completely Software-as-a-Service (SaaS)-based solution for spatial location-based data and services. MapInfo Professional v10.5 also includes integration with Bing Maps and increased support for key industry standards such as the OGC Catalog Services Web interface, streamlining access to data residing in the cloud and additional publishing features.
“MapInfo Professional helps us to visualize and track information about mussels from seed through harvesting in real-time,” said Lea Murphy, project manager, Cole’s Mussel Farm. “Industry regulations require mussel farms to be able to trace the origin of the cultured mussel from seed to market. With MapInfo Professional, we are able to visualize our mussel leases and trace mussels through the entire lifecycle. MapInfo Professional is an easy-to-use tool that provides us with another dimension of information, helping ensure that we meet regulations while increasing operational efficiencies.”
“Pitney Bowes Business Insight continues to enhance their customers’ ability to derive value from their location-based data,” said Dave Sonnen, senior consultant, IDC. “The new version of MapInfo Professional adds significant capabilities for sharing and analyzing location-specific information across the enterprise.”
Benefits of MapInfo Professional v10.5 include:
- Ability to Visualize Aerial Imagery-Users can integrate satellite imagery from Bing Maps with maps they have created using MapInfo Professional v10.5, providing additional clarity and enhanced detail. Bing Maps includes vivid, photorealistic images and data for geographies across the globe.
- Link to the Cloud-Organizations can easily and efficiently share and leverage maps via the cloud using MapInfo Stratus, providing enterprise-wide access to dynamic maps that users interact with on a daily basis. By directly connecting to the cloud from the MapInfo Professional user interface, organizations are no longer limited to internal data sets, expanding data access beyond the desktop.
- Enhanced Data Access-PBBI’s data-as-a-service offering will be accessible to MapInfo Professional v10.5 users through the Catalog Browser tool. Organizations will have access to the geospatial industry’s largest data catalog making it possible to quickly identify and download data for geographies in the Americas, Europe and Asia Pacific.
- More Publishing Options-MapInfo Professional v10.5 supports a Geo registered PDF, which allows organizations to publish both coordinate data as well as tabular information to a PDF file, giving users more flexibility when sharing information.
- Increased Efficiency-MapInfo Professional v10.5 reduces the time needed to create detailed, layered maps with multiple style overrides. Users can now create zoom-dependent layer styles or label values with just a click of the mouse. For example, maps that have required 17-plus layers in the past can now be created with only seven layers, while still retaining the same level of intricacy and interactivity.
- Streamlined Access to Data-A Metadata Browser enables users to search and open map files by only typing a few keywords, making it easier to find the data they need. With the Metadata Browser, organizations using MapInfo Professional can connect to any publicly hosted data catalog or one that their organization hosts.
- Supports Key Industry Standards and Regulations-Organizations can utilize the Metadata Browser to search any OGC- or INSPIRE-compliant catalogs, helping improve data access and meet key regulations and standards such as INSPIRE in the European Union.
“A large percentage of an organization’s information about its resources, competition and customers is location based. Pitney Bowes Business Insight is committed to providing solutions that enable companies to effectively leverage their data to more effectively acquire, serve and grow customer relationships, helping drive bottom line results,” said Robert Pipe, vice president, Product Management & Marketing, Pitney Bowes Business Insight. “MapInfo Professional provides instant access to the cloud, streamlining the process of making and sharing maps. This ensures that our customers have access to the tools and information that organizations need to make critical business decisions and build deeper customer relationships.”
Pitney Bowes MapInfo Professional v10.5 is now available. For more information, please visit our web site at www.pbinsight.com. To learn more about Pitney Bowes Business Insight’s upcoming MapInfo Professional v10.5 road show in Canada, please visit: http://www.pbbimarketing.com/mapinfo105/roadevents.php.
About Pitney Bowes Business Insight
Pitney Bowes Business Insight, a division of Pitney Bowes Software Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary of Pitney Bowes Inc., helps organizations to acquire, serve and grow customer relationships. Our leading-edge solutions in the areas of Customer Intelligence, Customer Communications and Customer Care enhance our customers’ operational systems and workflows, enabling them to manage their customer relationships more effectively. We offer unique and compelling capabilities, including location intelligence; GIS; predictive analytics; data quality, management and integration; and customer communications management. In combination, our solutions and capabilities deliver customer insights that create competitive advantages. Leading companies, government agencies and systems integrators rely on our global expertise and decades of leadership to improve their operational effectiveness and business results. Visit www.pbinsight.com and www.pb.com for more information.