MONTREAL, Aug. 19, 2010 – The Standard Life Assurance Company of Canada stands out again by winning eight awards in the 2010 Insurance and Financial Communicators Association (I.F.C.A.) Annual Awards Competition. This program recognizes excellence in marketing and communications creativity, design and writing in the North American insurance and financial services industry.
Standard Life won a Best of Show Award for its recruitment advertising “When we see the potential for growth, we invest.” The message and creative design highlight that Standard Life is always looking for new talent and is committed to developing its employees.
The Company also swept four Awards of Excellence for the following:
- The “Always Calculating” advertising campaign that aims to reinforce the company’s ability to effectively develop investment products for retirement.
- Standard Life’s “Welcome kits”: an educational brochure that provides customized information to group savings and retirement plan members to ensure they start on the right foot and stay on track throughout their retirement planning.
- The Summary of Pension Legislation in Canada: a document mainly intended for group retirement plans sponsors to help them understand the main requirements of Canada’s federal and provincial pension legislation that may apply to their plan.
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Canada youth mentor recruitment campaign sponsored by Standard Life.
Standard Life also received three Honourable Mentions for the following communication material:
- Standard Life plc Annual Report and Accounts 2009
- Retail markets’ mutual funds prospecting kit and related advertising for advisors
- Standard Life’s “Your guide to Small business solutions” for group insurance benefits advisors
“Each year, we strive to find innovative ways to communicate and interact with our customers, advisors and other stakeholders,” said Vincenzo Ciampi, Vice-President, External Communications and Public Affairs of Standard Life. “These eight awards are the results of a constant effort, of the exceptional teamwork and dedication by our people.”
The awards will be presented at the 2010 I.F.C.A. Annual Conference to be held in October, in Montr�al.
About the Insurance and Financial Communicators Association (I.F.C.A.)
The I.F.C.A. is a non-profit association providing professional development opportunities, continuing education and industry recognition for marketing, communications and creative professionals from the insurance, financial and consulting sectors. Members represent a variety of firms from the United States, Canada as well as international organizations.
About Standard Life
Established in 1825, Standard Life is a leading provider of long-term savings and investment solutions to over 6 million customers worldwide. Headquartered in Edinburgh, Scotland, Standard Life has around 10,000 employees across the UK, Canada, Ireland, Germany, Austria, India, USA, Hong Kong and mainland China. It had $284.6 billion in assets under administration, as of June 30, 2010.
In 2006, after 80 years as a mutual company, Standard Life Assurance Company demutualized and Standard Life plc was listed on the London Stock Exchange. Standard Life now has approximately 1.5 million shareholders in over 50 countries, including 13,000 in Canada.
In Canada, Standard Life has been doing business for over 175 years. Standard Life Financial Inc., which wholly owns The Standard Life Assurance Company of Canada and Standard Life Mutual Funds Ltd., is Standard Life plc’s largest operation outside the UK. With over 2,000 employees based in Montr�al and in offices across Canada, it provides long-term savings, investment and insurance solutions to more than 1.3 million Canadians, including group insurance and retirement plan members. It had $36.3 billion of assets under administration, as at June 30, 2010.