XactScope gives estimators greater mobility, speeds property loss scoping
OREM, Utah�Aug. 10, 2010� Property professionals can now scope home damage and estimate rebuild costs on their smart phones using a revolutionary product called XactScope®.
Developed by Xactware, the leader in technology solutions for the property industry, XactScope is a sleek, intuitive application that contractors and insurers can use to scope room dimensions, search line items and estimate property losses � all from their smart phones. Users can then send the information to their desktop version of Xactimate �, Xactware�s industry-leading estimation software, to be included with assignments or to supplement new projects.
�This latest innovation will change the way scoping is done,� said Jeff Taylor, assistant vice president of Xactware, who is responsible for Xactimate. �In addition to saving time and ensuring estimate accuracy, XactScope gives users a high range of mobility as well as constant access to a high-powered scoping platform through their smart phones.�
Users can download XactScope for free at the BlackBerry application store, and it will be available on the iPhone and other personal devices. The product is compatible with the latest version of Xactware�s estimating program, Xactimate version 27.1, and is bundled into Xactimate Professional at no additional cost. Once XactScope is installed, users can register it on Xactimate so the two platforms can communicate with each other. Users can then download price lists and scope losses anytime, anywhere.
In addition to increased mobility and versatility, XactScope offers:
- User-friendly interface � XactScope has a simple, yet powerful, interface that lets users quickly add loss information, room dimensions and line items to assignments.
- Graphical estimation � Xactware users can measure rooms or choose templates from a list of nine common room shapes (including box, peaked and gable) for easy loss estimation.
- Macros � XactScope can import macros created in Xactimate so users can complete common estimating tasks with the click of a button.
- Reference search � The same easy-to-use reference search in Xactimate is also available in XactScope.
- Photos and audio � Users can take photos or record voice notes with their personal devices and then attach them to assignment files.
�Advances in smart phone technology provide property professionals with new and better ways of doing business,� Taylor said. �At Xactware, we look forward to continuing to find methods of incorporating this technology into our products so we can help clients work faster and more efficiently.�
Xactware Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of Verisk Analytics specializing in the property insurance, remodeling and restoration industries. Xactware�s technology tools include software estimating programs for PCs and tablet PCs, as well as powerful online systems for replacement-cost calculations, estimate tracking, and data trending in real time. For more information about Xactware�s products and services, contact Xactware at 1-800-424-9228 or contact us online.