April 12, 2010
- The HCAI voluntary pilot phase is now complete. Over 700 health care facilities (HCFs), i.e., health practices or clinics, enrolled during the pilot stage. Currently, HCAI is successfully processing over 1000 transactions a day with more than 7500 active users on the system.
- HCAI technical remediation has been successful and is functioning as expected with no technical or processing issues.
- All Ontario automobile insurers adopted HCAI prior to April 1, 2010
- All HCFs that are already enrolled will remain on HCAI and do not have to enrol again.
- The adoption process for the remainder of HCFs will be done in three tiers between now and the end of November 2010.
For a more detailed report, go here
Health Claims for Auto Insurance (HCAI) is an electronic system for transmitting specific Ontario auto insurance health claims forms between insurers and health care providers. It supports the need for access to timely, accurate data to monitor the auto insurance system. More information at www.hcaiinfo.ca.