Car insurance company offers free game for Facebook and Yahoo!® Games
MAYFIELD VILLAGE, Ohio – October 13, 2009 – A quick trip around town becomes an important lesson in safe driving for online gamers when they play Progressive’s new, online game Route-rageous! on Facebook or Yahoo! Games. Route-rageous! is the second online game developed by the car insurance company. The first, Special Investigations Unit: Case of the Crooked Crackup, is available on Yahoo! Games.
Route-rageous! challenges players to earn points “driving” around town by laying out a driving route using arrows, speed markers, and different types of vehicles. Along the way, drivers must avoid colliding with other vehicles, navigate jumps, and stay on the road. Running errands and collecting coins earns players points, while riskier driving behavior, like jumping ramps, costs points.
- Route-rageous! is the second online game developed by Progressive. The first, Special Investigations Unit: Case of the Crooked Crackup, is available on Yahoo! Games.
- Route-rageous!, which challenges players to drive safely, is available on Facebook and Yahoo! Games. It is the first game Progressive has made available on Facebook.
- The Facebook version allows users to challenge friends and share scores.
- Route-rageous! has been played more than 1 million times since it launched on Yahoo! Games in August 2009, making it the 11th most popular game on the site.
- Progressive’s Crooked Crackup game has been played more than 2 million times since it launched on Yahoo! Games in 2007.
Chris Scott, Progressive’s emerging media manager
“Route-rageous! is the second online game that we’ve developed and our first for Facebook. Expanding the game to a social networking site like Facebook allows players to easily challenge their friends, see how others are scoring, and share the fun.”
“Our goal was to create a fun, interactive, game. Sure, online games help us build our brand, but as a gamer myself, I feel it’s important to create games people actually want to play, not just advertisements dressed up as games.”
The Progressive Group of Insurance Companies, in business since 1937, is one of the country’s largest auto insurance groups, the largest seller of motorcycle policies, and a market leader in commercial auto insurance based on premiums written.
Progressive is committed to becoming consumers’ #1 choice for auto insurance by providing competitive rates and innovative products and services that meet drivers’ needs throughout their lifetimes, including superior online and in-person customer service, and best-in-class, 24-hour claims service, such as its concierge level of claims service available at service centers located in major metropolitan areas throughout the United States.
Progressive companies offer consumers choices in how to shop for, buy, and manage their auto insurance policies. Progressive offers its products, including personal and commercial auto, motorcycle, boat, and recreational vehicle insurance, through more than 30,000 independent insurance agencies throughout the U.S. and online and by phone directly from the Company. Private passenger auto products and prices are different when purchased directly from Progressive or through independent agencies. To find an agent or to get a quote, go to http://www.progressive.com.