September, 2009 – Nowadays traveling is a frequent occurrence; people go shopping across the borders, take a cruise, or a 1-week all-inclusive vacation like it’s no big deal. So today it’s more important then ever to have coverage on yourself while traveling outside of your province of residence. One of the easiest ways to do this is to purchase travel insurance on an annual basis. The plans are sometimes referred to as Annual Plans or Multi-Trip Annual Plans; which provide unlimited trips of a certain duration within a 1 year period. And as an added bonus, many policies will come with no restrictions on trip duration while you are travel within Canada but outside of your own province. If you are 79 years old or younger you could save hundreds by insuring yourself with an annual travel insurance plan.
If you travel occasionally maybe an annual plan isn’t necessary; but the need for travel insurance is just as important. You need to purchase supplementary coverage every time you leave your province/territory of residence. Government health insurance plans (GHIP) will cover an incredibly restricted portion once you leave home province or territory. In fact, the Canadian Government urges all Canadians to purchase supplemental health insurance when travelling.
Think about the out-of-pocket expenses for services like ground ambulance, air ambulance, prescription drugs, emergency dental work, lost or damaged baggage, trip cancellation or interruption due to a loss of job or death in the family… unexpected travel related emergencies do happen but you can protect yourself!
Unlike your government insurance health plan, a travel insurance policy offers you:
- Coverage for eligible medical expenses
- Up-front payment of eligible medical expenses whenever possible
- 24-hour emergency medical assistance whenever you need help
- Paramedical service including chiropractor, osteopath, physiotherapist, chiropodist or podiatrist
- Emergency dental treatment
- Expenses to bring someone to your bedside
- Extra expense for meals, hotel, phone calls and taxi
- Emergency evacuation, local & air ambulance and expenses to bring you home
- Expenses to bring your children and travel companion home
- Expenses related to your death
- Expenses to bring your vehicle home
- And much more!!
Don’t leave home without it! Contact your local insurance broker or travel agency for a quote from Tour+Med Travel Insurance, or contact us directly. Visit www.tourmed.caTags: Tour+Med