Large rural insurer recognises Guidewire’s billing system as a modern integrated solution for its agents that provides more flexibility for its customers
STRATFORD UPON AVON and LONDON, U.K., March 23, 2009 – The National Farmers Union Mutual Insurance Society Limited, (NFU Mutual), and Guidewire Software®, a leading global provider of solutions to general insurers, today announced that NFU Mutual has selected Guidewire BillingCenter® as its new billing system.
BillingCenter will streamline NFU Mutual�s premium billing and collection processes currently operated by its agents, replacing it with a more integrated and simplified solution with greater service options for the company�s customers. BillingCenter will replace NFU Mutual�s existing network of bespoke systems with a modern, web-based single-system solution.
BillingCenter will enable NFU Mutual to:
- Gain real-time visibility into its billing transactions and operations;
- Reduce costs associated with maintaining multiple systems;
- Provide agents with a system that reduces mundane manual processes;
- Broaden customer service capabilities for customers and agents; and
- Provide a flexible technology platform to meet current and future business needs.
“BillingCenter provides all the functionality we were looking for – and more – in a modern billing system,” said Nigel Bryan, Group Finance Manager – Technical, NFU Mutual. “Streamlining the premium collection process is an integral part of our strategy to create a responsive and efficient insurance business.”
“Guidewire clearly has extensive knowledge and experience in the billing and general insurance areas; their expertise will, I believe make the implementation and operation of the billing system a success,” Bryan added.
BillingCenter will be used across all of NFU Mutual�s lines of general commercial and personal business. The company�s customers are served by a network of over 300 agents who handle the collections function, supported by Head Office. These agents will have direct access into BillingCenter, streamlining the payment collection process, reducing manual activities, and significantly simplifying premium reconciliation.
“NFU Mutual has a strong sense for how they want to run their business,” said Chris Maddox, general manager, Guidewire Software (UK) Ltd. “Guidewire gladly accepts the challenge of making our first BillingCenter implementation in the U.K. a resounding success.”
Guidewire BillingCenter is a 100% web-based system designed to: make it easier for insurers to manage agent commissions; automate the billing lifecycle; design flexible billing, payment and delinquency plans; and enable rapid integration with external payment systems � i.e. BACs , cheque writing and payroll deduction. BillingCenter is available as a standalone system or as part of the Guidewire Insurance Suite™ and can be integrated to an insurer�s legacy systems or third party applications.
A number of UK insurance businesses already use ClaimCenter, Guidewire’s comprehensive claims system that manages the end-to-end claim process, including Beazley Group, Towergate, and Homeserve.
About NFU Mutual
- NFU Mutual is The National Farmers Union Mutual Insurance Society Limited (No. 111982). Registered in England. Registered Office: Tiddington Road, Stratford upon Avon, Warwickshire CV37 7BJ. A member of the Association of British Insurers.
- NFU Mutual offers a wide range of products, including general insurance, life, pensions, investments and risk management services. These products and services are delivered through the agency network, as well as through a direct sales and service centre.
- With over 300 offices located in rural towns and villages throughout the UK, NFU Mutual has become part of the fabric of rural life and remains committed to serving the needs of people who visit, live or work in the countryside.
- NFU Mutual was named General Insurer of the Year and winner of the Customer Care Award at the 2008 British Insurance Awards
Learn more about NFU Mutual online at www.nfumutual.co.uk.
About Guidewire Software
Guidewire Software is a leading global provider of technology solutions to property and casualty and workers� compensation insurers. Guidewire delivers proven software to run core insurance operations, including billing, underwriting, policy, and claim management. The Guidewire Insurance Suite™ consists of Guidewire ClaimCenter®, Guidewire PolicyCenter®, and Guidewire BillingCenter®, which provide a modern, web-based platform for all lines of business. Guidewire is headquartered in San Mateo, California, USA, with offices in London, Munich, Paris, Sydney, Toronto, and Tokyo. For more information, please visit www.guidewire.com.