Leveraging the skills and assets of Seneca College, InsuranceWorks and DGA Careers along with private funding to train tomorrow�s knowledge workers
TORONTO, Feb. 2nd, 2009: Seneca College, DGA Careers and InsuranceWorks are very pleased to announce the launch of an outstanding new education and training program. This public-private partnership will provide �state-of-the-art� training to individuals wishing to enter or enhance their career in the property and casualty insurance industry.
The program has been designed with the practical needs of the industry.
- �We are very pleased to have partnered with Canada�s leading Insurance search firm, DGA Careers and Canada�s leading insurance job site, Insuranceworks.ca to engage the top companies and leaders in this critical, growing industry.�
Insurance Industry Director,
Centre For Financial Services, Seneca College Of Applied Arts and Technology.
With revenues in excess of $30 billion, the property and casualty insurance industry employs over 100,000 people in Canada. With a median workforce age over 40 (and higher in key occupations such as broker and adjuster) the industry faces a shortage of qualified employees. According to the insurance Bureau of Canada 25% of the workforce will be lost to retirement alone by 2017. The demand for brokers and agents remains high despite the economic conditions.
Seneca�s new program provides training in sales, marketing, customer service and risk management in order to write automobile and property insurance policies where positions such as brokers and agents are in high demand. As well this program provide up to 2 credits towards the Chartered Insurance Professional (CIP) designation from The Insurance Institute of Canada along with 1 of the 4 required credits towards the Canadian Accredited Insurance Broker designation program from the Insurance Brokers Association of Canada.
This program is offered through Seneca�s Centre for Financial Services in cooperation with the Insurance Brokers Association of Ontario (IBAO) and The Insurance Institute of Canada (IIC).
PROGRAM ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma
- Grade 12 English
- One semester (14 weeks) diploma program at Newnham Campus
- Composed of 6 courses offered through the Centre for Financial Services
- The Program allows for articulation from other Seneca Schools of Business
- Also integral to the program are 3 insurance courses, one from the CAIB Program and two from the CIP Program, which can be used towards these two designations
- FSP 301: Property & Casualty Licensing
- FSP 302: Risk Management
- FSP 303: Marketing and Communication Skills for the Property & Casualty Insurance Practitioner
- FSP 304: Professional Selling Skills for the Property & Casualty Insurance Practitioner
- FSP 305: Customer Service for the Insurance Professional
- FSP 306: Property & Casualty Insurance Products
With over 13,000 registered jobseekers across Canada, InsuranceWorks.ca is the leading jobsite for the insurance community. InsuranceWorks.ca has evolved from an online recruitment site dedicated to the insurance industry, to a true online community for the Canadian Insurance Industry. More at www.insuranceworks.ca