New features mark major milestone in property claims software functionality.
TORONTO, ONTARIO–(Marketwire – March 31, 2008) – Symbility Solutions Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary of Automated Benefits Corp. (TSX VENTURE:AUT), announces its new software release, Version 3.0, of its mobile claims software application.
Version 3.0 of Symbility mobile claims contains a number of value-added enhancements including:
- Commercial database
- Updated, regionalized, light commercial pricing data from Craftsman is now integrated into the Symbility mobile claims software solution.
- Integration with Enservio for contents scoping and appraisals
- Redesigned administration page with a clearer layout and better organization.
- Increased drawing flexibility with freeform drawing tool, allowing users to draw partial rooms and single wall segments.
- Handwritten notes
- Allows the user to record any detail in electronic ink. The handwritten notes pages are embedded directly into the claim file and can easily be shared with other users and later converted into text for use throughout the claim.
“Symbility is committed to providing the most efficient method for processing claims, and that means having the tools to settle the loss on-site,” states Eric Embacher, Chief Software Architect of Symbility Solutions Inc. “These new advancements in our software, primarily our focus on pen-based features and usability, will allow us to streamline the property claims process even further and strengthen our position in the market.”
For more information, call 1.877.SYMBILITY or visit www.symbilitysolutions.com.
About Automated Benefits Corp. and Symbility Solutions
Automated Benefits Corp. (www.autoben.com), headquartered in Toronto, Ontario, is a software company dedicated to developing applications for the insurance industry. The corporation currently has two subsidiaries, Automated Benefits Inc. and Symbility Solutions Inc.
Symbility Solutions Inc. is in the business of automating insurance claims. Its award-winning mobile claims solutions are designed to increase the speed and accuracy of damage claims processing by allowing claims adjusters, carriers, and restoration contractors to process claims on-site, resulting in increased customer satisfaction levels. Handwritten notes and post-inspection data entry are eliminated. Complete mobility provides the means to access key information on location and instantly settle claims up to three times faster and with greater accuracy, thereby reducing adjusting expenses and lowering indemnity.