MAYFIELD VILLAGE, Ohio – Oct. 3, 2007 – If the mood seems especially festive at Progressive today, it’s because the company’s celebrating a milestone � the 10th birthday of its agency-dedicated Web site, ForAgentsOnly.com, known to the more than 30,000 independent agents and brokers who sell its products as just “FAO.”
Ten years ago today – October 3, 1997 – The Progressive Group of Insurance Companies, the largest writer of private passenger auto insurance through independent agents and brokers in the U.S., registered the ForAgentsOnly.com domain name. At the time the World Wide Web and Web sites were still a novelty in many agencies’ offices, and technologies like real-time data transfer, secure payments and high-speed Internet were still a dream for most independent agency Web users.
But within a year of FAO’s launch, independent agents could access their Progressive production reports online through the Web site, and FAO’s history of agency technology leadership continued. A few short years later, Progressive agents and brokers could process payments and endorsements online in just minutes and quote and bind coverage. The customer information they could access became increasingly robust, enabling them to provide even faster and more accurate service than ever before. Progressive estimates agents have logged in to the password-protected site more than 200 million times since its launch ten years ago and processed about 36 million personal lines quotes since that functionality rolled out in 2002.
Today, FAO provides a wealth of tools that help agents and brokers save time, prospect for new business, retain existing business longer and make it even easier for their customers to be Progressive policyholders. Some recent additions to the Web site’s functionality include:
- “Rewrite/Prefill” � Lets agents and brokers quickly and easily create a new quote for a customer using their existing information from a cancelled Progressive policy, if available.
- Enhanced Claim Summary � Gives agents and brokers access to previously unavailable details about their customers’ claims, helping them provide faster and more accurate customer service.
- Enhanced Referrals Information � Makes it even easier for participating agents and brokers to work and track consumer referrals coming to their agency through Progressive’s Internet referrals program.
- Cross sell reports � Helps agents and brokers identify cross sell opportunities by listing their agency’s Progressive Boat, RV and Motorcycle policyholders who have their personal auto insurance with a carrier other than Progressive.
- Pending cancel report � Alerts agents and brokers when policies are pending cancel for nonpayment or underwriting reasons, giving agents the opportunity to contact those customers to prevent the cancellation.
- Paperless policy � Lets agents and brokers give their customers the option to receive bills and other policy correspondence via e-mail.
- eSignature � Lets agents and brokers have their customers electronically “sign” their policy paperwork over the Internet from the comfort of their home of office.
“The goal of FAO is to give our independent agents and brokers the tools they need to sell more, save time and satisfy their customers,” said Chris Garson, Progressive business IT leader. “And I can tell you that what we’ve accomplished together in 10 years is just the beginning. It’s good to look back at times like these and feel some sense of accomplishment at how far we’ve come. But we know that remaining a leader means not resting on our laurels. We want to continue to be the industry’s agency technology leader, giving independent agents and brokers the tools they need to meet the challenges of the new century and grow.”
The Progressive Group of Insurance Companies, now celebrating its 70th year in business, is the country’s third largest auto insurance group and largest seller of motorcycle and personal watercraft policies based on premiums written, and is a market leader in commercial auto insurance.
Progressive is committed to becoming consumers’ #1 choice for auto insurance by providing competitive products and rates that meet drivers’ needs throughout their lifetimes, superior online and in-person customer service, and best-in-class, 24-hour claims service, including its concierge level of claims service available at service centers located in major metropolitan areas throughout the United States.
More than 30,000 independent agencies sell Progressive products including private passenger auto, Progressive Commercial, Progressive Motorcycle, Progressive RV, etc. Progressive’s agency companies make up a group that is the largest writer of auto insurance through independent agents and brokers in the U.S., based on premiums written. Agents and brokers can log in to ForAgentsOnly.com to get an at-a-glance summary of everything they need to manage and grow their business, including agent referrals, quotes, customer policy information, state and countrywide news and more. Consumers can find an agent at . www.progressiveagent.com.