Monday, 30 July 2007, Toronto ON – The Advisory Board forum held on May 25, 2007 at Royal Woodbine Golf Club brought together a group of highly respected financial advisors who offered candid feedback on their online experiences, needs, and expectations that will help financial services firms shape their E-business strategies. Committed to raising the standards of excellence in the industry, the focus of Dalbar�s Advisory Board was to measure the impact financial services Web sites play in helping to manage and build an advisor�s practice. The valuable feedback gained will be used to find solutions to effectively gain efficiencies through the online medium and enhance the use of all online communication and E-business services offered by financial services companies.
Based on feedback gathered from member�s perception and expertise, some of the key areas covered included:
- Most important/relevant information on financial services Web site
- How financial services Web sites help in managing a book of business
- Suggested enhancements to increase usability
- Self-service: how much is too much?
- Most commonly used resources and tools found most useful
- Inclination of easy navigation
Members of Dalbar�s E-commerce Advisory Board in financial services were selected based on criteria such as:
- Minimum of 5 years in the field of financial advice
- Full time professional with a minimum of 100 clients
- No regulatory sanctions imposed by any provincial or federal regulator or self-regulatory organization
Dalbar would like to extend a sincere thank you to all those who participated and contributed perceptions and expertise to our E-commerce Advisory Board in Financial Services. Based on the candid feedback regarding online experiences, needs, and expectations, Dalbar was able to successfully identify the impact financial services Web sites play in helping to manage an advisor�s practice. The information provided will be employed to help enhance the use of all online communication and assist financial service firms in shaping their E-business strategies.
For the people who missed this opportunity we look forward to seeing you at our next Advisory Board meeting. Please contact Jody Bullen (email@example.com) to be invited to our next meeting or to purchase the notes from our previous meeting.
Dalbar, Inc. is a leading financial services research firm with offices in Toronto and Boston and the U.K., specializing in measuring the performance of institutions and financial professionals in areas such as client satisfaction, service quality, and communications effectiveness.