Analysis and reporting that once took weeks will take just minutes using ground-breaking technology
New York, NY (Feb. 27, 2006) – Guy Carpenter & Company, Inc., the leading global risk and reinsurance specialist and a part of the Marsh & McLennan Companies, has announced the development of i-aXs™ , a revolutionary online risk management platform. This new technology provides insurance executives with the ability to leverage vast data repositories for better and faster decision making, right from their own desktops.
The i-aXs platform provides Guy Carpenter clients with immediate access to their own exposure data, along with a unique suite of web-enabled reporting tools, that are customizable to their needs. Among the many features being developed as part of the i-aXs suite of tools:
- Advanced data mining capabilities
- In-depth portfolio analysis
- Automated management reporting
- User-friendly mapping tools
- Satellite imaging
- Real-time weather tracking
i-aXs is the culmination of nearly two years of research and development, drawing on Guy Carpenter’s extensive experience and resources in reinsurance, data management, risk modeling and advanced technologies.
“This is a proud milestone in Guy Carpenter’s 85-year history of innovation,” said David Spiller, President of Guy Carpenter. “Our role is to help clients make the best decisions possible regarding risk, and i-aXs elevates that decision-making ability to an unprecedented level.”
“Risk management has become extremely data-intensive, and clients have expressed their frustration with having too much data and not enough resources to manage it, let alone leverage it,” said Ryan Ogaard, Managing Director and Global Leader of Guy Carpenter’s Instrat unit. “With i-aXs, we’ve unleashed the power of data, information and analysis, and we believe it will fundamentally change the way decisions about risk are made.”
About Guy Carpenter & Company, Inc.
Guy Carpenter & Company, Inc. is the world’s leading risk and reinsurance specialist and a part of the Marsh & McLennan Companies, Inc. (NYSE: MMC). Guy Carpenter creates and executes reinsurance and risk management solutions for clients worldwide through 2,600 professionals across the globe. The firm’s full breadth of services includes 16 centers of excellence in Accident & Health, Agriculture, Alternative Risk Transfer, Environmental, General Casualty, Investment Banking*, Life & Annuity, Marine & Energy, Professional Liability, Program Manager Solutions, Property, Retrocessional, Structured Risk, Surety, Terror Risk, and Workers Compensation. In addition, Guy Carpenter’s Instrat® unit utilizes industry-leading quantitative skills and modeling tools that optimize the reinsurance decision-making process and help make the firm’s clients more successful. Guy Carpenter’s website address is www.guycarp.com.
* Securities or investments, as applicable, are offered in the (i) United States through MMC Securities Corp., a US registered broker-dealer and member NASD/SIPC, and (ii) European Union through Marsh Advance Risk Solutions Ltd. (“MARS Ltd.”), regulated by the Financial Services Authority for the conduct of investment business in the United Kingdom, Reinsurance products are placed through qualified affiliates of Guy Carpenter. MMC Securities Corp. and MARS Ltd. are affiliates of Guy Carpenter.Tags: data management, Guy Carpenter