New Software update features advanced customer analytics
Oct. 6, 2005 – WATERLOO, ONTARIO–Symbility Solutions Inc. (www.symbilitysolutions.com), a wholly owned subsidiary of Automated Benefits Corp. (TSX VENTURE:AUT), has announced the launch of Version 2.3, the newest update of its software platform Symbility.NET, which features advanced analytics for key performance indicator reporting. Version 2.3 will be on display this week at the Annual Claims Exposition and Conference in Orlando, Florida. (Symbility Booth #401) from October 6-8.
Available for any mobile enabled, pen-based handheld platform, the Symbility Solutions system allows adjusters and contractors to write and process claims on-site with greater accuracy and to settle claims more quickly. The core of the solution is Symbility.NET, a software platform that is an Internet-based communications hub, data warehouse and analytics engine. Symbility.NET allows claim participants to access all information related to every claim they’ve ever participated in, from any computer with an Internet connection. It also provides very powerful analytics tools to mine the extensive data collected with each claim and create various graphical and tabular reports, as well as search for specific claims based on numerous criteria.
For Version 2.3 of the Symbility.NET, claims adjustors/contractors now have even more functionality and options than the previous versions of the software. Some of the highlights of Version 2.3 include:
– New Functionality: With advanced analytics now implemented in the software, users can take an historical perspective on the data from claims processed on Symbility.NET. This means that users can customize their data to see executive metrics on almost every aspect of the system (e.g. number of claims filed per month, average time a claim is open, average cost per claims, etc.)
– Multimedia Attachments: Users can now annotate claims photos with various graphical tools such as red marker, call-outs and text boxes. In addition Symbility uniquely has a voice annotation function that uses a users’ speech as another time saving alternative for capturing field information.
– Customer Service Feature: Guest user accounts allow any claim participant to create a no-cost portal for the insured that allows the insured to monitor the activity and status of the claim.
– Automatic minimum charge calculations: Symbility.net automatically applies the minimum charge for a particular type of damage if the total charge for that item is less than the set minimum-as defined by local prevailing costs.
– Productivity enhancements: Symbility’s unique Disto(TM) interface wirelessly integrates the Disto(TM) laser range finder to the Symbilty application for instant point and click measurements.
Version 2.3 of Symbility mobile claims will be rolled out to Symbility’s current clients, Economical Insurance Group, Allstate Insurance Company of Canada, Gore Mutual Insurance Company and will be available to all future U.S. based clients.
“As we sign new clients in the U.S. to use Symbility mobile claims system and Symbility.NET, we move closer to becoming the leading wireless solution in the insurance claims data industry,” said James Swayze, Automated Benefits Corp. chief executive officer. “This software update further exemplifies our commitment to offering the best wireless claims product with the most options and ease of use for insurance adjustors.”
About Automated Benefits Corp. and Symbility Solutions
Automated Benefits Corp. (www.autoben.com), headquartered in Toronto, Ontario, is a software company dedicated to developing applications for the insurance industry. The corporation currently has two subsidiaries, Autoben and Symbility.
Symbility Solutions (www.symbilitysolutions.com) has developed a mobile claims system focusing principally on residential and commercial property claims estimation for use by insurance company adjusters and independent contractors. Symbility has offices in Waterloo, Ontario and Montreal, Quebec. Autoben is focused on the employee benefit segment of the life insurance industry. Located in Edmonton, Alberta, Autoben provides claims management software for health and dental plans in addition to insurance products for employer groups. The proprietary software of Autoben, ABI, assists in reducing the cost of employee benefits programs by allowing local adjudication and administration to over 23,000 employees across Canada.