St. John�s (June 13, 2003) Excellence in professional development was on the agenda today as Advocis presented the Tory medal, Dunstall medal, Top RHU award, and the Top CFP award to members who had exceeded above all others in their educational studies in 2002. The awards presentation took place during the Advocis 2003 National Conference being held in St. John�s, Newfoundland.
These prestigious awards were presented as follows:
- Rita N. Ager, CFP, CLU of Vancouver is the winner of the John A. Tory for the most outstanding performance across Canada in the Chartered Life
- Ty Wehrenberg, CFP, CLU, CH.F.C., RHU of Toronto is the winner of the Leslie
- W. Dunstall award for the leading average mark for all CLU courses in the province of Ontario.
- Gregory W. Gies, CFP, CLU, CH.F.C., RHU of Kingston, Ontario is the winner of the Top RHU award for outstanding performance in the Registered Health Underwriter program.
- Kevin R. Goldsmith, CFP of Chatham, Ontario is the winner of the Top CFP award.
This award recognizes the student who attains the highest average mark through the Advocis CFP courses, which qualify students to write the Certified Financial Planner™ exam. The CFP™ designation is awarded by the Financial Planners Standards Council.
“Attaining a designation and the commitment to keeping that badge brilliant through continuing education and professionalism constitute the sole filter by which consumers can determine whether an advisor is qualified and competent,” said Brian Mallard, CFP, CLU, CH.F.C. and chair of Advocis. “All of these members should be extremely proud of their achievement.”
Advocis installed its national board of directors
for the 2003/2004 year at the Association’s national conference and annual general meeting in St. John�s, Newfoundland today.
Drawn from all regions of Canada, the 2003/2004 board members are:
- Brian Mallard, CFP, CLU, CH.F.C. (chair)
- Brian Davis, CFP, R.F.P.
- Randall Reynolds, CFP, CLU, CH.F.C.
- James Cripps, CFP, R.F.P., CFA
- Lee Raine, CFP, CLU, CH.F.C.
- Ryan Beebe, CFP, CGA, R.F.P.
- Dave MacFadyen, CFP, CLU, CH.F.C.
- Gary McLeod, CLU
- Kurt Rosentreter, CFP, CA, CIMA, TEP, FMA
- Timothy Squire, CFP, CGA, R.F.P., FMA
- Kris Birchard, CFP, CLU, CH.F.C., TEP
- Leonard Colman, CFP
- Cheryl Bauer Hyde, CFP, R.F.P. has been appointed to the past-chair position of the board.
For the first time, the Advocis board will be appointing a non-member of Advocis to represent consumer protection interests on the board. The position will be filled in the near future.
Advocis is Canada’s largest association of financial advisors, with members in 50 chapters across the country. Advocis members adhere to a strict Code of Professional Conduct, meet ongoing continuing education requirements, and are committed to putting the interests of their clients first. Visit our Web site at www.advocis.ca.