MARKHAM, Ontario (October 2, 2002) — “Liberty Health has introduced an improved Conversion Plus TM/MD plan that gives consumers leaving group plans more flexibility when looking to obtain benefits which will provide a similar type of health and dental coverage to what employees had in their group benefit plan,” Liberty Health Senior Vice-President of Consumer Markets David McFarlane said today.
Liberty Health, one of Canada’s largest and most experienced health benefits management companies, has offered a group conversion product before but never one with this much choice and flexibility.
In addition to its Group Life and Health insurance products already available nationally, Liberty Health has adapted individual products to the unique characteristics of each provincial health plan. “We are committed to providing innovative and customer-focused products and services that meet the changing health insurance needs of consumers as well as employee groups. All of our products are designed to supplement coverage provided by provincial governments. And for consumers without health insurance coverage through their employers, our individually purchased products are a great choice,” said Mr. McFarlane.
Consumers can get more information on Liberty Health’s Conversion Plus plan or other types of comprehensive health insurance coverage by calling their insurance broker or by calling us directly at 1-877-COVER ME (1-877-268-3763). Interested consumers and brokers can also visit the company’s Web site at www.coverme.com. Conversion Plus helps bridge the gaps in provincial health insurance plans and helps individuals leaving group plans continue with uninterrupted coverage. Coverage is available for such things as dental care, prescription drugs not covered by a provincial health plan, eyeglasses, private, semi-private hospital accommodation, homecare, registered specialists and more.
“This product provides three choices in terms of benefit levels. As no medical underwriting is required there is no question of health eligibility. As long as we receive the application within 60 days from the date that group benefits end, we will guarantee coverage with no medical underwriting,” said Mr. McFarlane.
In addition to Conversion Plus, Canadian consumers will be able to purchase a range of other specialized products, including:
- FlexcareTM/MD, Liberty Health’s flagship individual health and dental insurance product provides a wide range of choice in creating a flexible and comprehensive health insurance plan.
- HomeCare PlusTM/MC, Provides an insurance solution for those looking at long term care and want to protect their independence. This product provides comprehensive nursing and other care to qualified Canadians in the comfort of their own home.
- TravelEaseTM/MD, which provides emergency medical health protection for Canadians travelling outside Canada (or their home province), or for visitors and immigrants to Canada.
- SurvivalPlusTM/MD, a critical illness insurance plan, which provides a tax-free, lump-sum payment to help policyholders meet financial obligations resulting from a list of covered serious illnesses, including heart attack, stroke and multiple sclerosis. Survival Plus also covers medical benefits, such as speech therapists, physiotherapists, home care and private nurses, not fully covered by provincial health insurance plans.
- AssetGuardTM/MD, a disability insurance plan, available direct from Liberty Health that provides income protection for total or partial disability.
Liberty Health is backed by one of the strongest global insurance organizations in the world, Liberty Mutual, which has been operating in Canada for more than 60 years, offering a wide range of products and services, including home and automobile insurance. The Liberty Mutual organization operates in 11 countries, has $20 billion in consolidated revenue and more than $65 billion in consolidated assets worldwide. Leading agencies have recognized the company’s consistent financial strength: Standard & Poor’s: A+ (Strong); A.M. Best: A+ (Superior); and Moody’s: A1 (Good).