Human Resources, Jobs, and the Insurance Community
ICTA Nomination: Safety Comes First With BI&I App
The Boiler Inspection and Insurance Company of Canada (BI&I) developed the Safety mobile app. It is part of the Health and Safety program for our remote field Inspectors. The technology provides our Inspectors in the field with assistance (fast response) for potentially dangerous or emergency situations. It reduces the potential risk and liability for our remote field Inspectors who are working on their own.
The app features:
- Count down timer with visual/sound alert notifications – configurable by individual, provides 10 second "0" warning
- Send Alerts/Notifications - Alert Email, SMS with geolocation info (coordinates/map)
- Call Emergency Number – tied back to a monitoring office
- Record Sound/Voice (Black Box recorder) – records sound and attached to email alert
- Connect to Heart Rate Sensor – monitors heart rate and can alert when thresholds breached
- Detect Network Connection – if no signal, it warns the Inspector
Safety App (Boiler Inspection and Insurance Company of Canada)
Wearable technology (Boiler Inspection and Insurance Company of Canada)
The Boiler Inspection and Insurance Company of Canada, a member of HSB Group and part of Munich Re's Risk Solutions family, provides the industry–leading range of specialty equipment breakdown insurance coverage for business and home.
Source: Boiler Inspection and Insurance Company of Canada
News and Articles
No comments have been posted.