This page provides links to information, providers and news relating to technology products, services, and trends – and the opportunities they present – relevant to the insurance industry in Canada.
As the growing impact of evolving computing and communications technologies touches on topics throughout the insurance industry today, you may also want to check our various line-of-business sections, including Claims, Distribution and Policy Management.
All technology and line-of-business executives and senior managers should know about our annual Insurance-Canada.ca Technology Conference (ICTC) and Insurance-Canada.ca Technology Awards (ICTAs).
If you are doing research and wondering where to buy, each of the following directories contains a brief profile and contact information for a select list of featured providers.
Articles, editorials, commentary, research and published material pertaining to the Canadian insurance industry.
- Half of employers will require workers to supply their own devices by 2017, predicts Gartner
- IBM drives enterprise adoption of Big Data, Cloud, Mobile and Social Business technologies
- Gartner: Competitive Advantage with Big Data will require both technology and business innovation
- Selecting a Cloud Software Provider, by Jonathan Victor, VP - Operations, Oceanwide (Part 3 in a three-part series)
- The Benefits of Cloud Software for Insurance, by Mark Orosz, CIO/CSO, Oceanwide (Part 2 in a three-part series)
- Leveling the Playing Field with Visual Insights, by Stuart Rose, SAS
- Different Types of Cloud Computing, by Jonathan Victor, VP - Operations, Oceanwide (Part 1 in a three-part series)
- GMC Software Technology: On-demand, compliant customer communications for insurance carriers
- Thunderhead.com whitepaper: “Creating Stickiness in the Insurance Industry”
- Information Builders simplifies Big Data Analytics with new technology solutions
- GMC Software Technology: Delivering multichannel customer communications without replacing legacy systems
- Accenture cloud computing wins innovation award at 2013 HP Global Partner Conference
- The looming global analytics talent mismatch in insurance: Accenture
- Information Builders: Five Hot Trends shaping the future of business analytics
- Pitney Bowes Software assists insurers with catastrophe modeling and risk management during extreme weather events
- Gartner: Actionable Analytics will be driven by Mobile, Social and Big Data
- Information Builders positioned as a leader in business intelligence and analytics: Gartner Magic Quadrant report
- PSG Inc. launches new business architecture website
- SAS updates visual data exploration software with work group and midsize business support
See more technology news in the archive.