Freight & Ocean Marine Cargo Insurance
As goods are moved from place to place, they can be lost or damaged in transit. Freight insurance can be purchased against such loss.
Traditionally freight moved across the ocean or around countries by land or inland water. As oceans were fraught with danger, insurance for such trips was separately categorized as ocean, marine or ocean marine cargo. All other was lumped into inland marine or inland cargo insurance.
With the advent of rail, roads and finally air transport, the terms were not changed, but the cost of insurance will reflect the risks associated with the means by which you cargo will be transported.
Freight insurance will usually cover the entire trip, including time spent in warehouses during shipment.
More: information, news & articles.
Mac Vanderhout Insurance Brokers Limited
|We serve all of Ontario and Alberta
Dwayne Vanderhout H.B.A.
Author, Speaker, Consultant
President, Mac Vanderhout Insurance Brokers Limited
Mac Vanderhout Insurance Brokers Limited
1005 Skyview Dr., Suite 102
Burlington, ON L7P 5B1
Free Ontario Freight and Ocean Marine Cargo Insurance Quote
Attention importers, exporters and manufacturers: save up to 37% on your insurance!
If you answer YES to most of the questions below, we can probably save you money and still give you better protection!
- Do you export or import goods valued over $150,000 per year?
- Do you ship by ocean and/or air?
- Do you buy shipping insurance from a freight forwarder? We can save you up to 37% and in many cases more than that.
- If you self insure, are you aware of how a General Average Claim can affect you for years even if your goods were not damaged?
- Is your business located in Ontario or Alberta?
- If you are insuring your shipments, are you currently spending at least $2,500 a year?
11 Reasons To Call Us ... 905-336-5001
- Call an expert in international shipping insurance!
- In many cases we can provide a quote in three business days. If you need the insurance for a shipment that leaves within a week, I am sorry we can not help you.
- If you are buying your insurance from your freight forwarder we can usually save you over 37%. You owe it to yourself to call us and compare! We do not insure freight forwarders, sorry!
- We do the shopping for you. We deal with Canadian, European and American based insurers who specialize in cargo protection.
- If you are purchasing insurance from a freight forwarder you are probably not getting insurance advice from a licensed trained insurance broker.
- Over 145 years of COMBINED insurance experience on staff.
- Service requests are dealt with on the same day.
- If you need coverage for shipments to Cuba please call us.
- If your current insurer is not able to provide coverage to countries where you need coverage maybe we can help! American based insurers are restricted by US law. European based insurers have more flexibility.
- One stop shopping: business, auto, home, group home & auto, life, critical illness, long term care, disability & employee benefits.
- 55 Years in the Business of protecting people like you.
Is your cargo protected properly? Do you know how your insurer is valuing your cargo? Do you need a selling price clause? Are you covered for war? What does the shipper’s $2 a pound coverage really cover? Speak to one of our freight and marine cargo insurance specialists before a loss occurs. You may need special coverages. Call us: a 10 minute call may lead to a better protection program at a much lower cost!
We only insure cargo for business clients who export and/or import at least $150,000 per year.
We can insure most types of containerized cargo including: apparel, auto parts, beverages, bakery, candy, chemical, cleaner, clothing, coffee, consumer products, copper, cosmetics, electronics, fabric, farm supplies, feed, fertilizer, florist and floral product, food, frozen produce (including chicken, beef, fish, & juice), fruit, furniture, furs, giftware, grain, greenhouse equipment, health foods, housewares, industrial supplies, medical equipment, metals, paper products, paint, pesticides, pet foods, plastics, raw materials, school supplies, sportswear, steel, tea, textiles, truck parts, vegetables and others.
Things to keep in mind
If you are requesting an online quote or considering buying online, consult our Online Quotes Overview for some considerations and caveats.